Fluoride: What It Is, Why It’s Dangerous To Our Health, And How To Remove It From The BodyPosted on 20 Sep 16:48 by Diana N Ahuche
Fluoride is found naturally in soil, water, and foods. Fluoride is also produced synthetically for use in drinking water, toothpaste, mouthwashes and various chemical products.
Water authorities add fluoride to the municipal water supply, because studies have shown that adding it in areas where fluoride levels in the water are low can lead increased tooth decay in the local population.
Many people worldwide cannot afford the cost of regular dental checks, so adding fluoride can offer savings and benefits to those who need them.
However, concerns have arisen regarding fluoride's effect on health, including problems with bones, teeth, and neurological development.
Fluoride is a neurotoxin. Fluoride has been categorized as toxic as arsenic, lead, and mercury, but it's still prevalent in much country’s water supply today.
Neurological problems is one the most dangerous outcomes of fluoride toxicity.
In 2017, a report was published suggesting that exposure to fluoride before birth could lead to very poor cognitive outcomes in the future.
The researchers measured fluoride levels in 299 women during pregnancy and in their children between the ages of 6 and 12 years. They tested cognitive ability at the ages of 4 years and between 6 and 12 years. The result shows that higher levels of fluoride were associated with lower scores on IQ tests.
In 2014, fluoride was documented as a neurotoxin that could be hazardous to child development, along with 10 other industrial chemicals, including lead, arsenic, toluene, and methylmercury according to Neurobehavioural Effects of Developmental Toxicity study published in National Institute of Health.
Neurodevelopmental disabilities, including autism, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments affect millions of children worldwide, and some diagnoses seem to be increasing in frequency.
Other health problems
According to the International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), an organization that campaigns against the use of added fluoride, it may also contribute to the following health problems:
- cardiovascular problems, including arteriosclerosis and arterial calcification, myocardial damage, cardiac insufficiency, high blood pressure, and heart failure
- reproductive issues, such as lower fertility and early puberty
- thyroid dysfunction
- conditions affecting the joints and bones, such as osteoarthritis, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), and bone cancer
- neurological problems that possibly lead to ADHD
In fact, according to The Lancet, the world's oldest and most prominent clinical journal, the additive is in fact a neurotoxin and is classified in the exact same category as arsenic, lead, and mercury. Scientists believe that the additive is adding to a globally neurotoxicity that result in health conditions such dylexia, cognitive problems, attention-deficit disorder; and child birth defects because fluoride is typically consumed through fluoridated water, tooth paste, and particular foods. A 2013 findings by a Harvard University meta-analysis which was funded by the National Institutes of Health coincides with the record.
The researchers concluded that young people in locations with very high fluoridated water have "substantially reduced" intelligent level than those who are in areas with low amounts of fluoride in their water system. Also, Harvard site specifies that "incredibly extremely high levels of fluoride are known to trigger neurotoxicity (produces an adverse effect on the structure or function of the central and/or peripheral nervous system) in adults, and also have a negative effect on memory and learning abilities; this has been reported in rodent research studies". Despite this research, fluoride is still added to around 60% of the water system.
Drink plenty of distilled or filtered water and follow the following 10 steps listed below to remove fluoride from your body systems.
1. Get enough iodine (seaweed, shrimp and other seafood, yogurt, cheese, iodized salt).
2. Eat boron rich food (honey, red kidney beans, chickpeas, green peas,bananas, oranges, carrots, avocado, raisins, apricots, prunes, parsley, apples, peaches, red grapes, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, cashews nuts, peanuts, and onions).
3. Eat or drink tamarind juice or tea often.
4. Increase your magnesium and calcium intake.
5. Take sauna bath by sitting 15 to 20 minutes few times a week, sun or anything like that to detox body.
6. Adopt a wholesome more, plant-based diet, add 20 mins workout or relaxation under the sun every so often to breakdown flouride buildup, continue to look for natural methods remove this health threatening neuro-toxin and other contaminants from your body.
The most important step to detoxify from excess fluoride may be to cleanse your liver. The liver is responsible for over 400 functions in the body, but with heavy weight fluoride and toxins put on it weakens its function, which in turn weakens many of the bodily functions, and it shows on your outlook, and eventually manifests to very dangerous health threats.
Think of your liver as the body's detoxifier. It filters the blood, detoxifies chemicals, and metabolizes fat— pure high quality moringa leaves powder may help it work better. Moringa has been discovered to facilitate faster elimination of toxins.
7. Moringa leaves - Moringa facilitates the production of glutathione—the potent “detox antioxidant” that counters free radicals causing stress to your liver and to detoxify toxins like fluoride. Moringa leaves packs high quality and good amount of chlorophyll, which is one of its ‘fire’ detoxifying agents.
8. Cilantro is one powerful herb that is often ignored, but knowing how important this herb is to your health will make you appreciate it more. Cilantro is one of the most effective and gentle detoxifiers of heavy metals and other toxic contaminants. It is excellent for extracting mercury and fluoride from your body’s organs. Heavy metals have been linked to serious health problems such as cancer, heart disease, brain deterioration, emotional problems, kidney disease, lung disease, and weak bones – worst of all, fluoride buildup cause decline in intelligence and creativity.
9. Use turmeric root. There are over two hundred peer-reviewed published studies indicating that curcumin is a neuroprotective agent. Owing to these well-known mechanisms of fluoride associated neurotoxicity and neurodegeneration, the researchers identified the primary polyphenol in the spice turmeric — known as curcumin — as an ideal agent worth testing as a neuroprotective substance. Previous research on curcumin indicates that it is capable of acting as an antioxidant in 3 distinct ways by protecting against: 1) singlet oxygen, 2) Hyrodxyl radicals, and 3) superoxide radical damage. Also, curcumin appears to raise endogenous glutathione production in the brain, a major antioxidant defense system.
Add turmeric root (turmeric neutralizes and detoxifies fluoride) powder to your water before drinking (let it sit overnight to better loosen and activate the active ingredients) to purify water and cleanse kidney.
Here are some arguments against the use of fluoride:
Excessive exposure can lead to tooth discoloration and bone problems.
There is enough fluoride in the water already, we don't need more.
People have the right to choose whether or not they take medications such as fluoride to prevent tooth decay.
Different people need different amounts of substances such as fluoride so shoving down peoples throats is unacceptable.
It may be harmful for the environment.
The Global Controversy on Fluoride
In 2000, German researchers reported that tooth decay dropped in cities where fluoride ceased to be added to the water according to Decline of caries prevalence after the cessation of water fluoridation in the former East Germany study.
However, they called for further investigation into the reasons for this decline, which they said could be due to improved attitudes toward dental health and easier access to dental care products, compared with the years before fluoride was added.
They suggested that their findings might support the argument that caries can continue to drop if the concentration of fluoride is reduced from 1 part per million (ppm) to below 0.2 ppm.
How Much Fluoride Is Recommended?
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) sets the optimal level of fluoride for preventing tooth decay at 0.7 ppm, or 0.7 milligrams (mg) in every liter of water.
The previous figure was set from 1962 to 2015, was 0.7 to 1.2 ppm. In 2015, was revised to the lower limit.
The aim of this optimal level is to promote public health and safety.
What does the WHO say about Fluoride?
The World Health Organization (WHO) notes that long-term exposure to drinking water that contains more than 1.5 ppm fluoride may lead to health problems. The WHO's guideline limit is 1.5 ppm.
How much does the EPA allow?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) aims to protect people from over-exposure to toxic environmental chemicals.
It sets the maximum allowable level at 4 ppm, and a secondary maximum level at 2 ppm. People are asked to inform their local EPA if levels are above 2 ppm. Note, levels above 4 ppm could be hazardous.
In areas where water naturally contains higher levels of fluoride, community water systems must ensure that the maximum level remains below 4 ppm.
Bottomline: Rid your body of fluoride toxicity and keep it that way by switching to non-fluoride mouth cleaning products and water - when you can.
Rid yourself of fluoride and other health depressing heavy metals and regain ‘the power of your mind’.
Let's have a challenge where we detoxify Fluoride buildup from our bodies, that of our children, our neighbors, families, and friends plus document the changes in improvement in areas that are relative to you/them.