Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, Peppermint - Nelson Naturals
Brushing with activated charcoal tootpaste is safe and can work wonders!
1. Charcoal toothpaste removes stains.
This toothpaste is a fantastic way to remove extrinsic stains (discoloration from substances on the outside of the tooth, like wine, coffee, berries, other staining foods). Keep in mind, though, that this isn’t the same thing as teeth whitening. Stain removal, however, is still an important part of keeping your teeth beautiful.
Caution: Activated charcoal products stains grout and fabrics, so protect your counters, floors, and clothes, before using.
2. Charcoal toothpaste removes acidic plaque and gives us fresh breath.
Brushing with this kind of toothpaste raises the pH balance of your mouth because the charcoal binds to acidic elements and increases their rate of excretion from the body, Pharmacokinetics of amitriptyline influenced by oral charcoal and urine pH.
This can help reduce the buildup of acidic plaque and improve your breath if you deal with halitosis (technical term for bad breath).
3. Using charcoal-based toothpaste may aid in good overall dental health (and overall body health).
We all need a balance in our oral microbiome. Proper use of charcoal toothpaste may provide this balance, while also helping to prevent damage by making sure your mouth’s immune system is operating at top level.
Precautions: When Brushing With Charcoal Toothpaste
I can’t tell you about all of these really positive aspects of charcoal toothpaste without also telling you the downsides of misusing this substance. Here are just a few points to keep in mind:
Charcoal toothpaste can erode your enamel if you overuse it but there right and safe ways to use it.
Don’t be too aggressive when brushing with charcoal toothpaste. Rather than scrubbing hard, gently brush in a circular motion, then rinse until your spit is totally clear of any discoloration from the dark colored toothpaste.
You may also try smearing it on your teeth, letting it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and allowing it to do its adsorptive magic. This technique is particularly advisable if you’ve had or have issues with enamel erosion due to childhood illnesses, medication reactions, etc.
Some charcoal toothpaste has scary ingredients.
The best charcoal toothpaste products should be free of things like sodium lauryl sulfate, artificial sweeteners (like saccharin and sucralose), and fluoride. Be aware of these health-destroying ingredients, as they may defeat the benefits of using activated charcoal.
You shouldn’t use charcoal toothpaste every day.
Charcoal toothpaste can easily be overused because of its fresh earthy smell and feel. Using it 2-3 days a week is a great rule of thumb in order to avoid any negative side effects, especially that pesky enamel issue, the other days you can brush without.
Activated charcoal is proven to have many benefits to our bodies; charcoal toothpaste is just one way we can take advantage of it.
Consider these benefits:
- Removes stains
- Balances oral pH and improves halitosis (bad breath)
- Helps our overall dental health
- It’s full of good stuff, and leaves out some of the not-so-good stuff found in fluoride dentifrices
Nelson Naturals have taken their Colloidal Silver Remineralizing Toothpaste and stepped it up a notch with the addition of Activated Charcoal! Well known for its detoxifying properties, Activated Charcoal can also help to whiten your teeth without negative effects. It works by acting like a magnet for Plaque, Bacteria and Tannins that may stain your teeth.
Directions: Nelson Naturals recommends using this product at least 3-4 times a week as an effective treatment to help keep your smile healthy and bright! Use as normal toothpaste.
Full Ingredients List and Uses:
- Calcium Carbonate: A fine chalk that occurs naturally, and is used as a mild abrasive that whitens and polishes teeth.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, it is well known for cleaning and whitening teeth because it acts as a mild abrasive. It has no known toxicity or carcinogenicity.
- Activated Charcoal: Well known for its detoxifying properties, Activated Charcoal can also help to whiten your smile.
- Colloidal Silver: Considered by many experts to be the best natural antibiotic ever discovered, Nelson Naturals produces colloidal silver to enhance the natural benefits of their toothpaste. Not only does colloidal silver combat against harmful bacteria and pathogens in the mouth, but it also aids in healing which lowers the risk of these bacteria and pathogens entering the bloodstream orally.
- Sea Salt: Sea salt has been used in the field of oral hygiene for thousands of years and modern science reaffirms its role as an anti-bacterial agent which helps prevent gingivitis, bad breath, and even eases pain and aids healing.
- Xylitol: Used for its dental benefits and natural sweetness. Though xylitol can be derived from corn, at Nelson Naturals they only use xylitol that has been derived from North American grown birch trees. Xylitol helps to restore a proper pH balance to the mouth which creates an environment that is inhospitable to harmful bacteria’s that lead to many dental problems, such as tooth decay and gum disease. Consistent use of small amounts of xylitol has also been shown to enhance the protective factors of saliva by keeping the salivary minerals in a useful form, which can enhance the remineralization of the enamel.
- Castile Soap: Helps create a familiar foaming action that enhances the overall cleaning properties of the toothpaste. Nelson Naturals uses organic and fair trade soaps.
- Natural Flavoring: All of their toothpaste is flavored by 100% pure, natural extract.
- Trace minerals: Nelson Naturals includes trace minerals to enhance the remineralizing effect of their toothpaste. The other ingredients in this toothpaste create an environment in the mouth which allows the teeth to make use of these trace minerals.