BTR™ Black Sesame Seed Butter / Tahini - SPROUTED, (Certified, 100% Organic, Raw)
Sesame seeds are believed to be one of the world’s first spices. The earliest recorded use of sesame seeds as a spice can be traced to an Assyrian legend, which claimed that the gods drank sesame-based wine before creating the earth. Sesame seeds are still a main spice and food source throughout Asia and parts of Europe and Africa. Although they are considered a culinary treat in many places, sesame seeds also have various medicinal uses. The seeds are usually harvested in early autumn, shortly after turning ripe, and allowed to dry in the sun before being prepared for herbal remedies.
Black sesame seeds also known as kala til, is one of oldest condiments known to man. They are highly valued for their oil. “Open Sesame”- the famous phrase from the Arabian Nights symbolizes the distinguishing feature of the sesame seed pod, which bursts open when it reaches maturity. It may be a small seed but no doubt it’s a very powerful one, used for many health-promoting and anti-ageing benefits. You can incorporate these nutrient-rich seeds in your cereals, rice, noodles or any other dishes at mealtime. You could even mix them with your yoghurt or smoothie for a rich nutty flavor.
According to Dr. Rupali Dutta, Chief Nutritionist, SmartCooky, “Black sesame seeds are a good source of energy due to the high fat content. They contain healthy fats like polyunsaturated fatty acids and Omega-6. They also contain fiber, iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.”
Here Are Some Benefits Of Black Sesame Seeds:
1. Anti-Ageing Properties: The Chinese believe that the nutrients in black sesame seeds can help in postponing or reversing, certain age-related effects. As per a study done by Harvard University in 2010, black sesame seeds are rich in vitamin B and iron, and most people who have a vitamin B or iron deficiency show symptoms like hair turning gray, hearing loss and memory loss, all of which are the indicators of ageing.
2. Decreases the Risk of Cancer: According to Dr. Ronald DePhino, Principal Investigator, M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, the sesamin found in sesame seeds is found top protect the liver against the damage caused by free radicals in the body. Also, the seeds are rich in fiber, lignans (cell reinforcements) and phytosterol (phytochemicals), which can protect against the development of colon cancer.
3. Relief for Constipation and Indigestion:Dr. Amol Ghosh from N.R.S. Hospital in Kolkata, says, “The black sesame seed can help in curing constipation due to its high fiber content and unsaturated fatty acid content. The oil found in the seed can lubricate your intestines, while the fiber in the seed can helps to smooth bowel movements. These seeds also help in clearing up worms in your intestinal tract and improve the digestion process.” Grinding the seeds or soaking them overnight can help to break the seeds walls thereby make them more digestible.
4. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Black sesame seeds are rich in magnesium that helps prevent hypertension. Polyunsaturated fats and the compound sesamin present in sesame oil are known to keep blood pressure levels in check.
5. For Healthier Bones:According to Dr. Gargi Sharma, Nutritionist at Aayna Clinic in Delhi, “Osteoporosis is a condition of fragile bones with an increased susceptibility to fracture. Bone mass tends to decrease after the age of 35, and bone loss occurs more rapidly in women after menopause. Black sesame seeds are abundant in calcium and zinc that your bones strong.”
Starting with premium, whole, certified organic nuts or seeds, which are kept in airtight cold storage to maximize freshness greatly reduce rancidity. Without using using seconds or pieces, since broken skins and nut fragments invite rancidity. We give preference to sources that implement fair trade practices.
Better-Than-Roasted™ (BTR™) nuts, seeds, and grains are all handmade in small batches. The process involves first soaking, rinsing and then drying the nuts or seeds. BTR™ nuts and seeds are dried at low, steady temperatures. Keeping the dehydrating temperatures lower than 108 degrees Fahrenheit maintains the raw qualities of the nuts and seeds, preserving the temperature-sensitive enzymes and maximizing the nutritional value of the nuts and seeds.
Additionally, the nuts are culled, the seeds and grains are soaked, spread for drying, and then packaged. This three-fold quality control process results in extremely high quality, fresh, sweet and crisp nut or seed that is both healthier and better tasting than raw and conventionally roasted nuts or seeds.
The Better-Than-Roasted™ nuts and seeds are packaged in airtight packaging and stored in cool temperatures to ensure freshness and quality.
BTR™ Black Sesame Seed Butter is Certified Organic by Stellar Certification Services. Certified Kosher by Earth Kosher. Manufactured in a dairy-free, soy-free, and peanut-free facility.
*100% Natural, Wheatfree, Glutenfree
Ingredients: Black Sesame Seeds.