Dried Mango Slices - Peruvian Harvest
“The king of the fruits," mango fruit is one of the most popular, nutritionally rich fruits with unique flavor, fragrance, taste, and health and healing promoting qualities, making it "numero-uno" among new functional foods, often labeled as “super fruits."
Mango is one of the delicious seasonal fruits grown in the tropics. The tree is believed to be originating in the sub-Himalayan plains of the Indian subcontinent. Botanically, this exotic fruit belongs to the family of Anacardiaceae, a family that also includes numerous species of tropical fruiting trees in the flowering plants such as cashew, pistachio.
Health benefits of Mango fruit
1. Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and poly-phenolic flavonoidantioxidant compounds.
2. According to new research study, mango fruit has been found to protect from colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. Several trial studies, including a new study by Texas AgriLife Research food scientists, who examined the five varieties most common in the U.S.: Kent, Francine, Ataulfo, Tommy/Atkins and Haden suggest that polyphenolic antioxidantcompounds in mango are known to offer protection against breast and colon cancers.
3. Mango fruit is a rich and an excellent source of Vitamin-Aand flavonoids like β-carotene, α-carotene, and β-cryptoxanthin. 100 g of fresh fruit provides 180 IU (54 μg) or 6% of recommended daily levels of vitamin-A. Together; these compounds have been known to have powerful antioxidant properties and are essential for vision.
4. Vitamin-A also required for maintaining healthy mucosa and skin. Consumption of natural fruits rich in carotenes is well known to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
5. Fresh mango is a rich source of potassium. 100 g fruit provides 156 mg of potassium while just 1 mg of sodium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. The brain needs constant potassium supply to function properly.
6. It is also an great source of vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin-C and vitamin-E. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin-Chelps the body develop resistance against infectious agents as well as scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals. Vitamin B-6 or pyridoxine is required for GABA hormone production within the brain.
7. It also controls homocysteine levels within the blood, which may otherwise be harmful to blood vessels resulting in coronary artery disease (CAD), and stroke.
8. Furthermore, it composes moderate amounts of copper. Copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes, including cytochrome c-oxidaseand superoxide dismutase (other minerals function as co-factors for this enzyme are manganese and zinc). Copper also required for the production of red blood cells.
9. Additionally, mango peel is also super rich in phytonutrients, such as the pigment antioxidants like carotenoids and polyphenols.
Peruvian Harvest’s dry mango slices are made from Haden mangos from the cultivars of Cajamarca, Peru. The soil allows for an incredible taste like no other. These particular mangoes are thinly sliced and dried with a unique cold-drying process, which allows for retaining its great taste and nutrition without the need for added sugars, sulphites, or any other additives.
Select Ingredients: Haden Mango
This package is full of goodness! It’s made from select raw materials and amazing processes. There’s none of that GMO mumbo jumbo, no unpronounceable artificial ingredients (binders, excipients, preservatives, or artificial coloring or flavoring of any kind), and no use of irradiation or high heat.